Who are we?
INST is an international network of various organisations and providers of social tours. The two-hours tours in the cities are carried out by non-profit organizations or social companies. The INST founding members have informed around 90,000 participants on thousands of tours about the consequences of poverty. Together, the tour providers networked with over 100 social institutions and provided around 100 tour guides with a wage and new perspectives on life. The vision of INST is to expand the network of tour providers and to enable many tour guides to participate in society. A shared goal is to raise social awareness about the exclusion of people affected by poverty.
Executive Board and Management
- Paola Gallo: President INST
- Isabella Reinhard: Treasurer INST, Project Manager Supertramps, Vienna
- Jannice Vierkötter: Managing Director Surprise, Basel
- Zakia Moulaoui: Managing Director and Founder Invisible Cities Edinburgh, Manchester and Glasgow
- Chris Alefantis: Founder of Invisible Tours and street paper Shedia, Athens
- Sybille Roter: Managing Director INST und Project Manager of Social Tours, Surprise, Basel
INST founding members are providers of social tours from Athens, Basel, Edinburgh, Vienna and private individuals:
- Invisible Tours Athens
- Surprise Basel, Bern, Zurich
- Invisible Cities Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester
- Supertramps Vienna
- Paola Gallo, private individual